An Open-faced omelet with eggs, mushrooms, bacon, and hash browns.
Michigan Deer Hunting History | Deer Camp Photos | Photo Submission | Links |
|This is a breakfast that will fill you up.
1 potato shredded or store bought hash browns
3-4 mushrooms cut up
1/2 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
(or whatever cheese you like)
4 strips of bacon.
1. Cut up the fresh mushrooms.
2. Take a strips of bacon and cut into small pieces.
3. Begin frying the small pieces of bacon.
4. When the bacon starts to brown on one side, add mushrooms to the bacon and bacon grease.
5. Cook the bacon and mushrooms until both are brown.
|6. Scramble the 3 eggs in a bowl.
7. Add the bacon and mushrooms to the eggs, and keep the greace in the pan.
|8. Fry the shredded potatoes/hash browns in the bacon greace until golden brown.|
|9. Add the eggs, bacon, mushroom mix to the top of the potatoes/hash browns and cook on low heat. Keep turning the eggs so they are cooked throughout. Add salt and pepper to taste.|
|10. Add the shredded cheese to the top of the omelet, cover, and let the cheese melt.|
|11. Serve the open-faced omelet with toast.
This serves 1 person. For Deer Camps with 5-6 people, make the following adjustmunts:
3 eggs times the number of hunters
1 potato per hunter or 1 small bag of hash browns
1/2 pound of bacon
1 package of mushrooms (about 8oz)
1 package of cheese (about 8oz or 2 cups)
|Back to Recipes||Back to Camp|