Venison Loins with Bacon and Mushrooms
Michigan Deer Hunting History | Deer Camp Photos | Photo Submission | Links |
|This is a very easy and quick dish to make.
Ingredients: Venison loins, liquid steak marinade, mushrooms, and a few strips of bacon.
1. Take some venison loins out of the freezer and allow to thaw overnight. I like the lions thin about ľ to Ĺ inch think. If your loins are 1 think or more you will have to cook an extra minute or two on each side.
|2. Four hours prior to eating cover the loins in a liquid steak marinade. Use whatever steak marinade you prefer.|
|3. Preheat propane grill on high heat about 5-10 minutes.
4. Place loins on grill on high heat. Close the lid and donít mess with them. Flip loins at 4-5 minutes.
5. Let loins cook an additional 4-5 minutes on the this side.
6. Pull loins off the grill.
|I also like to add mushrooms to the top of the loins.
1. Cut up some fresh mushrooms.
2. Take a couple of strips of bacon and cut into small pieces.
3. About 5 minutes prior to loins going on the grill, start frying the small pieces of bacon.
4. Add mushrooms to the bacon and bacon grease.
5. Place the bacon pieces on top of venison loins prior to eating.
|6. Enjoy with a side of rice and a vegetable.|
|Back to Recipes||Back to Camp|